Wednesday 23 March 2016

Weekly Report and Reflection Post #11

Hello again!

We are coming up on the final week of class rather quickly and I must say this semester absolutely flew past! I have loved this school year and by far I have grown and learnt the most this year then any other year. I am leaving for Alberta as soon as exams are done so the countdown has begun for me; one month from today I am gone! This week we created our own podcasts where we were to discuss a certain aspect of living and working in the digital world. I focused my presentation on digital rights and responsibilities and more specifically the right to assemble and giving credit where credit is due. I utilized SoundCloud to create my podcast as I use SoundCloud regularly to find music and just realized I can use it for podcasts as well (so exciting). Check out my podcast on my page titled Podcast!



This week when exploring podcasts I realized how easy it is for anyone to post a podcast and voice their opinions and put out any information on whatever subject they want. As we learned in the CNN video What is Podcasting?, podcasting is not a radio show but a talk show which individuals post online and discuss topics anyone can listen to at any point on almost any audio device! This can be useful to me in my educational activities as podcasts done by academic scholars can offer great insight to the topic they are discussing and it allows listeners (like me) to listen for tone and emotion behind words to get a better grasp of how the podcaster feels on the topic. Individuals can listen to a variety of podcasts done by a variety of people on a variety of subjects, their is no limit to what can be said in a podcast. Educationally, this can be utilized be many intellectual individuals to spread their knowledge on the subject they are focused in. On the flip side, people need to be careful for podcasts that are strictly opinion based and offer information that is not backed up by facts. Individuals can say anything they want and people need to be careful not to take everything heard as truth, take everything with a grain of salt.



Finishing up this week, I wanted to share a fantastic article I found on PsyBlog which my Feedly brought to my attention! The article is titled 10 Rules From Sleep Experts To Help You Wake Up Refreshed Every Morning and it suggests rules to help with going to sleep and waking up refreshed everyday. I have been told some of these rules many times but believed they weren't important and I did not have to follow them to get good sleep. After realizing I do not follow most of them, it hit me that maybe I am not getting the best sleep possible. After this reading, I am going to make sure to follow most of these rules in order to wake up more refreshed and I suggest everyone does the same. That is it for me this week, have a great day everyone.

Cheers

Jason Wilson 



No comments:

Post a Comment