Sunday 10 January 2016

Jason W Blogging Introduction

Hello Everyone!
            My Name is Jason and I am currently attending Brock University for Sociology with a concentration in Criminology. I transferred over from Niagara College which is where I graduated from the Police Foundations program in two years. I learned the interesting world of policing and wanted to expand my knowledge in to law and society which is why I continued my education with Brock University. I find sociology to be absolutely fascinating and intriguing; learning about people within society is giving me a better appreciation for the world we live in. I chose to take sociology as I felt it was extremely relevant to a career in law enforcement or social services and it was a subject I have always had a knack for and found to be uniquely interesting. With my education, I hope to go into a career predicated on helping people no matter who they are. With this goal, I am leaning towards policing, social work, and therapy while keeping my eyes open for any other opportunities.           
             I am from Cambridge and live next the African Lion Safari which is interesting to say the least (listening to lions in the morning is amazing). I grew up in the town of Waterdown and played a variety of sports growing up and loved to interact with everyone. I am extremely outgoing and enjoy being out of the house. I currently play ultimate frisbee, hockey, and multiple intramurals in my free time. Last summer I went out to Jasper, Alberta where I climbed my first mountains and enjoyed the west coast air. This was by far the best experience of my life and I hope to head out there in the not too distant future; it is a place I recommend everyone puts on their bucket list! I moved away from Cambridge for a scenery change which consequently brought me over to St. Catharine's; I have lived here for 4 years now and love the city.
            The reason I am writing this blog is to give my blogging audience a better idea of who I am personally and for the Adult Education course I am taking online with Brock University. With this course I am already learning more about the digital world and how to better navigate it which is important in today's society. With employers being stringent on what prospect employees post throughout the digital world, from this course I hope to take away how to be a positive citizen on the internet. With utilizing proper netiquette and leaving a positive digital footprint, which this class teaches, will help me in achieving my goal. As discussed in the TED talk, internet learning is extremely beneficial and assists greatly in learning and sharing information amongst peers. With this, from the course I also hope to take a myriad of perspectives from my peers and how they view the digital world as well as how we can better utilize it to benefit ourselves and how we can navigate it.











No comments:

Post a Comment