Saturday 27 February 2016

Weekly Report & Reflection Post #7

Hey Everyone!

I hope those who had reading week had a great time because I know i did. Now it's time to get back to the normal school routine of essays and blogs. This week we were introduced to Google Docs and TodaysMeet which we utilized to do our collaborative Google Docs presentation. My project was on digital communication and I must say it was a pretty interesting topic.


Google Docs was an extremely beneficial tool and utilizing it for this project was very helpful and is something I will promoting to my fellow classmates if they do not have it already. I used Google Docs for my project on digital communication, I learned how to utilize it and realized just how useful it is; but this week instead of discussing Google Docs I wanted to discuss what this project taught me in regards to becoming a digital citizen (and a better one at that). My topic discussed digital communication which can be defined as exchanging information electronically; think of texting, email, Skyping, etc. It taught me what is considered appropriate and inappropriate digital communication within the digital community. As I read and learnt the more appropriate ways to digitally communicate, it assisted me in making adjustments to how I communicate digitally. I am now (or trying to be) more perceptive on how people perceive my messages and I am going to try my best and make sure they are going to be interpreted properly and that they are appropriate from the get go. Though digital communication is one aspect of the overall digital citizen, learning about it in more depth and understanding what is considered appropriate digital communication helped me and is leading me to becoming a better digital citizen 


To conclude, this week from my Feedly I would like to share an article which discusses how to effectively and appropriately express your anger towards your peers. Many individuals in our society react to situations angrily and inappropriately which is hurtful towards the ones they are angry at and in turn is something they may feel bad about/regret doing after the fact. The article titled How to Express Your Anger Effectively by Margarita Tartakovsky goes into detail on anger and gives tips on how to effectively express your anger and deal with it in certain situations. It is a great read and I hope you utilize and enjoy it!

Sincerely

Jason Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment